Why spend thousands traveling to Handi Quilter's headquarters in Salt Lake City when you can get similar classes at our store?
Handi Quilter is bringing a truckload of machines to Stitch-N-Time!
Gain Confidence, Inspiration and Skill.
-Get hands on learning, not a Power Point speech.
-If you have not touched a longarm and want to see if this could be your new hobby or in-home business, sign up!
-If you already own a longarm and want to learn more, sign up.
-If you just want to hang out with Kimberly and have lunch on us, sign up.
-We guarantee you will learn something helpful. Handi Quilter vans don't come by every month. Don't miss out!
You do not have to own a Handi Quilter to attend.
Come for fresh fruit, ice cream cake, chocolate, coffee, and more. This is your chance to meet Kim, talk about Handi Quilter Long-Arms and ask quilt questions that you want answers to. It will be fun, and it’s free!
Thursday, May 6, 2021, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Getting Started with Longarm Quilting
Are you interested in learning more about longarm quilting? This great class is a show and tell of all the best features of the Handi Quilter machine lineup. The basics will be covered, including machine and frame maintenance, loading a quilt, setting your tension,
and picking the perfect thread to stitch out the perfect design. Questions about everything quilting-related – from pantographs to stencils – will all be answered in this great back-to-basics class.
• The basics of machine and frame maintenance
• Tensioning bobbins and longarm quilting machines
• How to load a quilt onto a frame
• Quilting pantographs, Groovy boards, and stencils
• Rulers, basic free motion, and Handi Gadgets
Friday, May 7, 2021, 9:00 AM-12:00 AM
Free-Motion Quilting. You Can Do It!
Ready to tackle free-motion quilting? It’s as easy as starting with a few simple shapes! By beginning with drawing, you can develop an inventory of free motion designs that you can stitch out continuously. Fun fills, creative borders and easy blocks will all be demonstrated. Quilting out beautiful designs using free-motion techniques will take your skills
to the next level.
• Drawing basic free-motion designs in a continuous line
• Scaling fills for backgrounds
• Creating your own edge-to-edge designs
• How to fill borders evenly
• Micro quilting and using different feet
Friday, May 7, 2021, 1:00-4:00PM
Can’t Have Enough Rulers!
Do you love rulers? But are you still looking for new ways to use them? In
this class, we’ll focus on building an inventory of design ideas using the HQ VersaTool and other
HQ rulers. Point to point quilting using markings already on your quilt – like seams or corners –
is a cinch with rulers. We’ll start with ruler basics, then move on to creating beautiful designs for your entire quilt.
Saturday, May 8, 2021, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Introduction to the Pro-Stitcher Part 1
Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or consider a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
Part 1 Topics Include:
• Overview of support resources available on-line
• Overview of the menu and basic functions and design catalog
• Place a block design using Skew, Resize, XForm, and Align
• Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
• Overview of PS Designer ™
Saturday, May 8, 2021, 1:00-4:00PM
Introduction to Pro-Stitcher Part 2
This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the program are included.
Part 2 Topics Include:
• What’s the difference between Reposition, Nudge, and Drag and Drop
• The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
• Using Skew vs Border Skew & Triangle Skew
• Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge to edge designs
• Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move or Channel Locks